Request a Case Evaluation

  • Hidden
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Parents who share custody of their children are very limited in Missouri when they desire to relocate with their child. The court system requires the parent that wants the move to send detailed notification to the other parent.

Following notification, the parent who does not want the move can petition the court to order both parents to stay in the same city. At this point, both parents then go to court and fight for or against the relocation.

Questions regarding relocating with children? Contact the Bardol Law Firm in St. Louis, Missouri.

St. Louis Attorney for Relocation with your Child

If you would like to relocate with your child or to stop a relocation, it is critical that you present the best case possible to the judge.  In a relocation case, it is always beneficial to present as much evidence as possible showing that the move is in the best interest of the child. Helpful evidence can include:

  • the high quality of the school district a child would be moving into,
  • the unique job opportunity for the moving parent,
  • or any harmful influences that the move will help the child to avoid.

At Bardol Law Firm, LLC, we are experienced in presenting relocation cases to the court, both in support and in opposition.

Are You Trying to Relocate With Your Child To or From St. Louis?

Contact St. Louis relocation lawyer Stephen Bardol to guide you through the complex process of having a relocation granted.